Make a donation to our UFO sightings research group

The incident in Kaikoura. Digitized 16mm UFO contact film

Send your UFO observationReport UFO sightings Send your abduction by aliensReport your alien abduction Send your abduction by aliensUFOlogist's tools

The incident in Kaikoura. Digitized 16mm UFO contact film

On December 31, 1978, the film crew boarded the Argosy aircraft for an interview with the crew. On December 20 and 21, another plane reported several UFOs, and this was the reason for the interview of Mr. Fogarty and his crew.

Just ten minutes into the flight, they had their first encounter with a UFO. The operator quickly changed the lens of his camera to a 100 mm / 240 mm zoom lens and after midnight on January 1, 1979, filmed several UFOs that followed and approached the plane during the entire flight. He recorded UFOs from the cockpit windows and the presence of these unidentified flying objects was also confirmed by Wellington radars and air traffic control.

The incident in Kaikoura. Digitized 16mm UFO contact film

The original 16 mm film has been preserved and digitized by specialists. The result was a high-definition video of Blue-Ray quality. This allowed us to consider the details of UFOs filmed by journalists at that time.

The government of Robert Muldoon, after the media published data about the UFO encounter, ordered the Air Force to conduct an investigation, as a result of which it was concluded that the observations could be explained by natural, but unusual phenomena.

It is worth noting that in the Archives of New Zealand, all data on UFO contacts are classified and when, after numerous requests from the public, it was planned to make these files available, the military intervened, prohibiting access to these files, referring to the fact that there is personal information in the files and in order to comply with the Privacy Act, access to the original files will be limited until 2050.

The incident in Kaikoura. Digitized 16mm UFO contact film

The reporters who filmed the UFO went along the route where Valentich's plane mysteriously disappeared. In October, 20-year-old Frederick Valentich disappeared, piloting a small Cessna 182L plane over the Bass Strait and heading to King Island in Tasmania. Valentich told the Melbourne Air Traffic Control Authority that his plane was chasing an unusual aircraft.

The pilot described the oddities in the behavior of the UFO that appeared and its design features.

The last message from Valentich in negotiations with the dispatcher read:

After these words, the dispatcher heard a noise lasting 17 seconds, described as "metallic, grinding sounds", after which the connection was cut off. Neither Valentich nor his vessel was ever found.

Two months later, on the island of Tasmania, pilots Vern Powell and Ian Pirie of the Blenheim-Christchurch flight noticed strange lights appearing and disappearing over the Kaikoura coastline.

The producer of the Melbourne channel, Leonard Lee, after hearing this news, sought out reporter Quentin Fogarty, who worked for this channel, but was on vacation with his wife and children. He also hired a freelance cameraman from Wellington, David Crockett, along with his wife Ngair as a sound engineer.

On December 30, the whole group boarded the Argosy plane at Blenheim of Safe Air. Shortly after takeoff, pilots Bill Startup and Bob Goode noticed strange lights appearing and disappearing over the Kaikoura coastline 20 miles to the west.

While we were filming the camera stand, Captain Bill Startup shouted to us that we should urgently go to the cockpit, because something incomprehensible was happening

said cameraman David Crockett:

He managed to shoot a fast-moving bright white light. David added: "I watched the bright light coming and going. Quentin grabbed both of my hands and started shaking. I didn't have time to worry…Quentin needed help." The plane landed in Christchurch to unload newspapers. The pilots asked the reporters if they wanted to return through the passed section. Ngair was too scared, so she stayed in Christchurch. The others agreed and took Dennis Grant on board the plane instead of Ngair.

David used up all the film in his 16mm camera. Quentin called me after midnight from Christchurch Airport to see if I could provide a new roll of film. I could – but I set a condition: I wanted to get on a plane for a flight to Blenheim.

says Grant:

The plane took off at 2:16 a.m. About three minutes after takeoff, the group saw a bright light on the right. The aircraft's radar showed a target in the same direction at a distance of about 18 nautical miles. Fogarty would later say on camera, "Let's hope they're friendly." Crockett was only filming for a few minutes. The light seemed to react to their movements in the cabin. When they turned, the light "moved away" from the plane. "The experience itself was extraordinary," Fogarty said.


Related tags:

Kaikoura  incident  Frederick Valentich  1978  UFO  triangular UFO  t3rb  tr3b  triangular UFO  tringualr ufo  triangular ufo  TR - 3 Black Manta  TR3B  TR3B Astra

Share this article:

We tried to post useful and high-quality information for you. We would be grateful if you would share this article with your friends, acquaintances and colleagues. Maybe it will affect their life and make it better.

Random UFO or conspiracy article

Checking UFO video from Earth orbit to UFO near the helicopter

Checking UFO video from Earth orbit to UFO near the helicopterIn this analysis, we expose UFO videos that have become popular on the internet. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to distinguish truth from lies. That is why good skills are needed in UFO sightings.

See more...