Make a donation to our UFO sightings research group

Sky crash of a UFO in Shag Harbor in 1967

Send your UFO observationReport UFO sightings Send your abduction by aliensReport your alien abduction Send your abduction by aliensUFOlogist's tools

Shag Harbour UFO incident in 1967

An extraordinary event in 1967 almost brought the small fishing village of Shag Harbor to the world information map. Located on the southern tip of Nova Scotia, this rural community will be the site of one of the most well-documented UFO incidents.

harbor ufo RCAF

 Named after the "shag", a bird of the cormorant family, the harbor was literally uncharted at the time, but that will be changed once and for all.


The tiny fishing community has always had its own stories... stories of giant sea snakes, man-eating squid, and ghost ships. In the list of local color, there will be another addition to his list: the story of a visit to a mysterious aircraft of unknown origin.

This vessel entered the waters of the bay, forever imprinting the name of the village in the history of Ufology. The first indication of this mysterious incident came from local residents who noticed strange orange lights in the sky on the night of October 4, 1967.

Most witnesses agreed that there were four orange lights that night. The five teenagers watched as these lights flash sequentially and then suddenly dive at a 45-degree angle to the surface of the water. Eyewitnesses were surprised that the lights did not dive into the water, but seemed to float on the water, about 500 meters from the shore.

UFO sightings

Witnesses initially thought they were watching a tragic plane crash and quickly reported it to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, who were stationed in Barrington Passage. By a strange coincidence, Constable Ron Pound had already witnessed the strange lights himself as he drove along Highway 3 in the direction of Shag Harbor. Pound thought he saw four lights attached to a single aircraft. He estimated that the vessel was about 20 meters long.

Constable Pound went to the bank to get a better look at the phenomenal sight. He was accompanied by police corporal Victor Verbeek, Contable Ron O'brien and other local residents. Pound could clearly see the yellow light moving slowly across the water, leaving a yellowish foam in its wake. All eyes were fixed on the light as it slowly moved too far away to be seen, or sank into the icy water.

addition of our editorial staff

Coast Guard Cutter 101 and other local boats rushed to the site of the object, but by the time they arrived, the fire itself was gone. However, crew members could still see yellow foam, indicating that something may have sunk.

Nothing more was able to find that night, and the search was terminated at 3 am. Police conducted the check in conjunction with the Rescue Coordination Center in Halifax and NORAD Radar in Baccarat, Nova Scotia.

They were told there were no reports of missing planes that night, either civilian or military. The next day, the Rescue Coordination Center filed a report with the Canadian Forces headquarters in Ottawa. This report stated that something had fallen into the water in the harbor, but the object was of "unknown origin." HMCS Granby was ordered to arrive at the site, where divers examined the ocean floor for several days.

The object, which dived into the harbor water, soon left the area, passing under water for about 40 kilometers to a place that was near the submarine detection base. There, the object was spotted by sonar, and warships were stationed above it. A couple of days later, the military was already planning a rescue operation when a second UFO joined the first. At the time, everyone believed that the second ship had arrived to assist the first.

The divers, along with other witnesses, described the events

At this time, the navy decided to wait and see. After about a week of sightings of two UFOs, some of the vessels were called in to intercept a Russian submarine that had entered Canadian waters. At that moment, two underwater UFOs made their move. They headed for the Gulf of Maine and, after moving some distance away from the pursuing Navy ships, surfaced and soared into the sky. These extraordinary events were confirmed by many witnesses, both civilian and military. There is no doubt that something "unknown" was in the waters of Shag Harbor on October 4, 1967.

UFO report

Related tags:

UFO  UFOs  UFO sightinhs  1967  UFO incident  Shag Harbour  ufology  Baccarat  Nova Scotia  Ottawa

You can help us by sharing the article:

We tried to post useful and high-quality information for you. We would be grateful if you would share this article with your friends, acquaintances and colleagues. Maybe it will affect their life and make it better.

Random UFO or conspiracy article

Do they say this photo was taken by an alien?

A real photo of an alienAn amazing photo that was allegedly taken by an alien.

See more...